Although times are tough and the world can be an unhappy place, something as simple as taking time to say good morning to another person can make their day brighter. We here at 1-800 Charity Cars, providers of free donated vehicles to struggling families across the nation, know firsthand the positive effects that being kind can have on others. We see it displayed throughout our online community freecharitycars.org where our applicants are reaching out to one another daily.
Below we would like to share a list of simple ways to make someone’s day:
- Say “Thank You” to everyone you encounter who helps you, such as drive-thru cashiers and valet attendants. Also, don’t forget to thank a policeman, fireman, EMT, etc. when you see them.
- Say “Good Morning”, “Hello”, “Have A Great Day”, etc. to each person who crosses your path throughout the day.
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Share a smile with anyone you pass by.
- Compliment someone on a job well done, a nice outfit, a new hairstyle, etc.
- Bring some cookies, brownies, or another sweet treat into work for the break room.
- Call up your friends or family just to say hello and let them know that you are thinking of them.
- Write a handwritten note to thank someone who helped you.
- If you are carpooling, let your passengers choose a song or radio station for the ride.
- When you stop to get your morning coffee, pay for someone else’s order as well.
- Don’t wait for a birthday or holiday to give a loved one a gift. Surprise them with flowers or a small gift just because you care.
- Surprise your kids and do their chores for the day.
- Cut your neighbors grass.
- Going through a toll? Pay the toll for the car behind you.
- Volunteer with a charity for a day and help someone in need.
The above list is just a small sampling of simple things anyone can do just to brighten someone’s day. 1-800 Charity Cars would like to challenge you all to do at least one item on the list every day. When you go forth positively in this world and spread it to others, it will come back to you. Don’t forget to make your own day a positive one too.
You can brighten the day and change the lives of a struggling family by donating a vehicle to 1-800-Charity Cars. We accept vehicles in any condition across the entire United States, running or not, with free towing provided. You can also make a financial donation to 1-800-Charity Cars. Just give us a call at 1-800-CHARITY (1-800-242-7489 x 2) or visit our frequently asked questions page to learn more.