Created in 1994 by the Christian Embassy of Christ’s Ambassadors, Global Forgiveness Day is a time to forgive and be forgiven. It is a day to make apologies and accept apologies. A day to release the chains of grudges that are binding you, by letting go and granting forgiveness to those who betrayed or harmed you in some way.
When we choose to harbor anger, bitterness, and grudges, we only become enslaved by those negative emotions, and allow those who harmed us to continue to have power over us. Letting it go sets us free and allows us to have better days. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” ~Louis B. Smedes~
The Original 1-800-Charity Cars asks that you join in on Global Forgiveness Day, by forgiving anyone who caused you hurt in the past, whether it be someone who is alive, has passed on, or perhaps even forgiving yourself. Doing so will free you in ways you cannot imagine, that are only achieved through the act of forgiveness! “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.” ~Tyler Perry~
The Possible Benefits That Can Come From The Act Of Forgiveness
- Lessened Anxiety
- Happier Disposition
- Healthy Relationships
- Diminished Symptoms Of Depression
- Less Risks Of Drug Abuse
- Less Risks Of Alcohol Abuse
- Overall Better Sense Of Well Being
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Heightened Spiritual Awareness
Reasons You Should Practice The Act Of Forgiveness
- Nothing makes moving on easier than being free and happy! Forgiveness can be the best form of optimism, leaving negative emotions in the past.
- When you blame others and carry the burdens of their wrong doings, you give them control over your life. Forgiveness refuses to allow us to continue to play the victim.
- Holding onto bitterness and anger towards another sets us up to see them as the controller of our very own happiness. Forgiveness teaches us that we do, in fact, control our own happiness, and it is our choice.
1-800-Charity Cars, a national car donation charity, would like you to remember that forgiveness is not about those who hurt you, it is more so about you moving past the hurt, so you can go on with your life.
“I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.” ~T. D. Jakes~
If you would like to give the gift of independence to a struggling family in need, you can do so today by making a vehicle donation or a financial donation. Just give us a call at 1-800-242-7489 or visit 800charitycars.org.