With December being recognized as National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, operators of the largest free non-profit car donation/distribution program in the nation, would like to express our concern and spread awareness to the seriousness of drunk and drugged driving.
Every day, almost 30 Americans die in car accidents involving impaired drivers, according to the CDC. We here at the nationally recognized car donation charity 1-800-Charity Cars, would like to offer some tips and advice on safe and sober driving:
- Always designate a sober driver whenever drinking is involved with any social function.
- Be aware of medications that can impair your ability to drive and be cautious of your medication intervals.
- Be sure your teen drivers are educated on the dangers of driving impaired or with an impaired driver. Ensure you know who they will be with, what they are doing and who will be driving.
- Keep alcohol, prescription medications or any other items that can impair a person locked up. Easily accessible intoxicants can make it easier for your teens or their friends to become impaired.
- Never ride with anyone you suspect is impaired in any way.
- Drinking coffee or water will not sober an impaired person. Only time can sober an impaired person.
- Plan parties with non-alcoholic drink options and allot at least 90 minutes at party end with no alcoholic drinks served.
- Take a cab when you go out and plan on drinking.
- Always collect keys of your party guests, so no one leaves impaired.
- Serve high protein/high fat snacks, such as cheese and nuts, to keep blood alcohol content low.
The Original 1-800-Charity Cars wants everyone to make safe choices and take precautions to protect yourself and others from the dangers of drunk and drugged driving. If you are planning on attending any holiday celebrations this year, check out this list of safe ways to get a free ride home. Join us in our mission to uplift humanity by making decisions that will save lives and learn more about our organization at 800charitycars.org.