The holiday may be over, but the dangers of thieves lurking amidst the bustling crowds still exist. 1-800-Charity Cars, America’s leading vehicle donation/distribution program, offers you the following shopping safety tips:
- If you are toting a purse or bag, make sure you keep it secure at all times. Never leave your purse in a shopping cart while looking around. In a mere few seconds, a thief can snatch it from your cart. Keep your arm on your purse at all times. A purse with a long strap is your best choice, since you can place the strap over your head and diagonally across your body, which will make it difficult for someone to take it from you. When leaving the store, be sure you put your purse in your car before you unload your purchases. A purse sitting in a shopping cart in a parking lot is a theft waiting to happen. Placing your purse in your vehicle first will help keep it safe, while you unload the items from your cart.
1-800-CharityCars, a nationwide car donation/distribution charity, depends on the generosity of the donating public to carry out our organization’s main focus of providing free donated vehicles to struggling families, in an effort to assist them in their transition from dependency to self-sufficiency. We know firsthand the impact that the monetary and vehicle donations we receive will make in the lives of people in need and the importance of charitable giving for all upstanding Charities that make a difference by giving people in need a helping hand. It is through the kindness of donors who are willing to give, that Charities can offer assistance to those in need.
People are hesitant to give because of the fear that they may be donating to an illegitimate charity. We want to help you avoid giving your time, money and/or belongings to bad charities by offering you the following tips for finding a reputable charity:
1-800-Charity Cars understands the importance of stretching your dollars and saving on your income tax return. Even with the growing popularity of tax preparation software, common tax mistakes can still occur due to errors made while manually entering information. This can cause a larger amount owed on your taxes, a smaller refund or delays in the processing of your tax return.
We would like to share some of the most common tax mistakes to help you avoid any delays in the correct processing of your tax return. You want your tax returns to work for you and not against you!
While you are trimming the tree; don’t forget about trimming your taxes too, since the end of the year is rapidly approaching. Be sure to get in your end of year tax deductions while you still can; so you can ensure you save on your taxes with every donation you make, such as a car donation tax credit.
There’s still plenty of time for you to donate a vehicle for your end of year tax deduction or make a monetary donation to 1-800-Charity Cars. Car donations through our program are very easy. To donate a vehicle (car, truck, RV, boat, or plane) in any condition, running or not – with free towing provided nationwide, just give us a call at 1-800-CHARITY (1-800-242-7489 x 2) or visit our simple online donation form. To make monetary donations, you can utilize our online donation services through JustGive or PayPal found at www.800charitycars.org.
The age of technology in which we live in has made for much advancement in the area of mobile devices. Along with those advancements come dangerous habits that have led to tragic outcomes. While there are many things that can cause a driver distraction, one of the most significant factors is texting while driving. Texting while driving is by far one the worst distractions. Texting while driving takes your attention away from the road more often and for longer periods of time, as it is visually, cognitively, and manually distracting all at the same time.
Within the time a driver takes their eyes off the road to compose, read or send a text message; lives can be senselessly lost. People can suffer very traumatic injuries and/or cause significant vehicle and property damage as a result. According to the CDC, every day in the USA, nine or more people are killed and over 1,060 get injured in accidents that have been reported to be the result of distracted drivers.
Through our many years of awarding over 5000 free donated vehicles to families in need of reliable transportation; 1-800-Charity Cars understands firsthand the importance of having a dependable vehicle, especially during the winter time. We would like to offer some tips on how to winterize your car and prepare you for harsh winter driving conditions.
Check your coolant system
Have your system flushed, checked for leaks and replenish your anti-freeze. Having the correct ratio of water to anti-freeze is essential to avoiding issues with your vehicle.
Inspect those belts and hoses
A vehicle’s belts and hoses that are cracked, frayed, or worn in any way will not hold up long when the temperature drops. Avoid being stranded on the side of the road in the cold by replacing belts and hoses that are in poor condition.
People often stress over what gifts to give to those they love this time of year. They want to give something meaningful, useful and enjoyable.
Have you finished all of your stressful holiday shopping yet? 1-800-Charity Cars, America’s leading car donation/distribution program, has provided this list of helpful gift ideas that are unique, fun, and gifts that keep on giving!
- For the pet owner, give them a gift certificate for pet grooming or a pet camp.
- For those who are e-reader owners, give them a gift certificate for an e-book store or an annual subscription to an e-book service.
While there are many ways people can spend their money or get rid of unwanted/unused items, charitable giving can be one of the most rewarding. We here at The Original 1-800-Charity Cars are very grateful for every donor who assists us in providing free donated vehicles to struggling families to help them in their transition from dependency to self-sufficiency, through their financial and car donations.
We would like to share 10 reasons why you should make charitable donations and how it will benefit you:
- Paying It Forward! Taking some of what you have and giving to those less fortunate is a great way to pay it forward and give back to your community. We should all be grateful for what we have and take notice of those around us who are lacking. It can often time be even the smallest things we give that can make the biggest change in the lives of others.
With December being recognized as National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month, The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, operators of the largest free non-profit car donation/distribution program in the nation, would like to express our concern and spread awareness to the seriousness of drunk and drugged driving.
Every day, almost 30 Americans die in car accidents involving impaired drivers, according to the CDC. We here at the nationally recognized car donation charity 1-800-Charity Cars, would like to offer some tips and advice on safe and sober driving:
- Always designate a sober driver whenever drinking is involved with any social function.
- Be aware of medications that can impair your ability to drive and be cautious of your medication intervals.
- Be sure your teen drivers are educated on the dangers of driving impaired or with an impaired driver. Ensure you know who they will be with, what they are doing and who will be driving.
Even though people do believe in humanitarian work and have a genuine will to make this world a better place, many may still refrain from making donations. There are a variety of reasons why people don’t donate and they may not necessarily reflect a person’s personality or the desire in their heart. A number of psychological experiments have revealed data that suggests that if people knew why they are held back, they would be able to make an additional effort. These include the following: