While there are many ways people can spend their money or get rid of unwanted/unused items, charitable giving can be one of the most rewarding. We here at The Original 1-800-Charity Cars are very grateful for every donor who assists us in providing free donated vehicles to struggling families to help them in their transition from dependency to self-sufficiency, through their financial and car donations.
We would like to share 10 reasons why you should make charitable donations and how it will benefit you:
- Paying It Forward! Taking some of what you have and giving to those less fortunate is a great way to pay it forward and give back to your community. We should all be grateful for what we have and take notice of those around us who are lacking. It can often time be even the smallest things we give that can make the biggest change in the lives of others.
- Setting an example! Charitable giving is a great way to set an example for your children, co-workers, family and friends. Be a leader and let those in your circle follow in your footsteps and find motivation through your acts of goodwill to do the same.
- Spreading Love! Love is something the world and everyone in it needs. By giving to charity, you can spread love in many ways. You can do so by making a donation in memory of a loved one who passed away as a tribute or for a loved one who is still with you and a supporter of a particular cause by making a donation in their name.
- Making the world a better place! Through every donation made, someone benefits from that donation and it causes a ripple of positivity that can transform someone’s life. Through those acts of charitable giving, it makes the world a better place as those in need begin to possess a new outlook on life.
- Gaining respect and leaving a legacy! When you give to others, those around you will have a deeper respect and appreciation for you. You will be building a legacy to leave behind wherein others will remember you for the differences you made in the lives of others through your charitable giving.
- A sense of empowerment! Through charitable giving, one can find empowerment knowing that in the face of such great need they can make a difference. No matter how great or how small the need is, making a donation of any kind puts you in the position to help make change in the situation. The empowerment gained through such a noble act can be personally fulfilling and invaluable to the one who benefits from your donation.
- Chance to double your donation! Some people are very fortunate to have companies that they work for who will actually match donations that they make. This in turn would mean your act of giving could be doubled, making an even bigger impact for those in need.
- Showing gratitude! Often times people take things for granted because they have so much at their disposal, that they do not even think of the question “What if I did not have all that I need?” Giving to those who are lacking, shows you are grateful for what you have and want to help make sure that others have their needs met as well.
- Supporting a cause! Many people are passionate about certain causes. Giving to charities that are actively working to make changes in relation to those causes they support, is a great way to be a part of the bigger picture. It is a way to proactively assist a charity in fulfilling their mission.
- Tax deductions! You can make a difference in the lives of others and get a tax deduction at the same time. When you make a charitable donation, it is tax deductible. Tax deductions from charitable giving are also one of the most commonly forgotten tax deductions. What a win-win situation, since you are helping someone else and saving on your own personal income taxes.
You can start your charitable giving today and help change the lives of struggling families by making a monetary donation or car donation to 1-800-Charity Cars. Charity Cars accepts financial and car donations nationwide. We accept all types of vehicles and you will receive a full “fair market value” end of year tax-deduction, if we provide your vehicle to a deserving family. Simply click here to fill out our online car donation form or utilize our online donation services JustGive or PayPal at www.800charitycars.org or call 1-800-242-7489 and make a donation today!